[TenTec] RE: Corsair 1 and 2 differences

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Corsair 1 and 2 differences
From: WA4VEC@aol.com (WA4VEC)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 19:05:06 EST
 joeghill@ntr.net (Joseph G. Hill) wrote @98-03-24 08:05:20 EST:

PLEASE TELL ME THE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CORSAIR I AND II.
<<

I remember one other subtle difference that has not yet been mentioned:

The Spot button on the 1 disabled the offset and placed a 750 Hz tone in the
AF with the idea that you would match the tone while the 2 disabled the offset
but instead of injecting a tone, it shifted the BFO frequency such that you
tuned for zero beat.  I believe the former to be better that the latter, and
is, in fact, pretty much how the current system works.

Walt
WA4VEC