[TenTec] Custom 250hz CW filter update

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Custom 250hz CW filter update
From: tbarnett@fairway.stdio.com (Tyler Barnett)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 07:38:58 -0500 (EST)
Dear Ten-Tec CW Filter Friends:

About a month ago, we posted a message to the reflector looking for interest
within the Tec-Tec internet community for a custom 9mhz CW filter (model 219).
This filter would keep the same 250hz bandwidth, but with a lower sidetone
center frequency: about 500hz rather than the stock 750hz.  This is the CW
filter under the NAR buttons of the OMNI 5, 6, and 6+, and fits the OMNI B/C,
and the Argosy.

Right now we have 26 confirmed filter requests, and the vast majority have
asked for a 500hz center frequency.  There were a few requests for either a
lower or higher center frequecy, but a 500hz center freq should cover them
within a + or - 100hz range.  This should be a good filter to chop away
noise on the Low Bands for those who like their CW at a lower sidetone
frequency than 750hz.

Below is a list of known requesters.  If you sent us an order request, but do
NOT see your call listed, please reply to us ASAP, because email can get lost!
Also, if you know of someone that would be interested in this custom CW filter,
please put them in touch with us.

Tom Salvetti at Ten-Tec is now going to quote this filter for us from
Network Sciences.  He will probably include a few extra filters for those
who haven't expressed an interest yet.

The next posting should be the confirmation of the filter price from Ten-Tec.
At THAT time you should contact Ten-Tec with your credit-card number to hold
your filter.  We will also forward Ten-Tec our list below to work from.

Private e-mail will also be sent to each requester that expressed their interest
via internet, and we will contact the rest by mail or telephone.
This is the LAST CALL for this filter order.

Requesters:
N4TY
N4AR
K4FU