[TenTec] Why not rig in the middle

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Why not rig in the middle
From: n2ka@juno.com (Arthur R Bernstein)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 02:33:20 EDT
Boys and Girls, let's face the facts of ham radio life (and business life
in general.)
It's all well and nice to beg TenTec to come out with a mid priced
midfeatured radio.
You think startup costs to resurrect the Corsairs would be minimal-not
necessarily so!! Even advertising costs could get out of hand. Let's
remember one more bit of reality: TENTEC IS NOT THE MOST POPULAR HAM GEAR
AROUND111We love it because we use it and know it. The vast majority of
the ham community turns its nose up at TenTec gear. They have fallen
victim to the seductive nature of slick marketing and SEXY looking gear
from our rivals in JA land, packed with features many never use or cannot
use!
TenTec has its own agenda and business plan. Due to the fragility of the
Amateur Radio market place (I am an Amateur Radio Dealer) and the limited
economic scope and sphere of influence occupied by the Amateur market,
especially TenTec, it would be courting disaster for a company like
TenTec to do something along these lines. The OMNI VI+ introduction and
modifications clearly show the company's commitment to its customers
and  to maintaining fiscal responsibility (ie staying in business in the
agonizingly limited rough Amateur market.)
Remember folks, we may think the world revolves around us, but in reality
we are merely fleas on the big dog's back!!
Regards to all. We want TenTec Amateur radio around for a long time
longer..
73,
Art, N2KA  OMNI VI owner (# 406 in queue-yikes!!-for + update!!)