T-Kit Six Meter Transverter Kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: T-Kit Six Meter Transverter Kit
From: seay@alaska.net (Del Seay)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 06:09:54 -0800
ALLEN SMITH wrote:

> I am thinking of ordering this kit and would appreciate a few observations
> and comments from others on the Reflector who have experience building and
> operating this $95 transverter kit from Ten Tec.
>
> I would be using it with my Corsair.  Thanks.
>
> Allen - N0VA

Hi Allen: I built the 6-20 meter version when they first came out
a year or so ago, and it works great. It was fun to build, a real
good set of instructions, and hit on all cylinders from the get-go.
It has great Pin Diode switching for QSK and automatic switching.
The LNA is terrific. Mine has excessive gain on 20 meters, about
10 dB more than necessary for use at the operating position. However,
that is perfect for those who mount it near the antenna. The gain
overcomes transline losses.
You'll enjoy building and operating a cute little rig.
73  de KL7HF

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html