Re: [RFI] Computer (maybe just USB subsystem) shutting down

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Computer (maybe just USB subsystem) shutting down
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 21:41:47 -0500
Hi Mike et al - it turned out to be not one of the usual USB power-down things (mine have been off for years), but an Advanced setting on the CW COM port used by Winkey - I think the culprit was "Enable Selective Suspend."  Since I turned that off I have not had a single additional problem with N1MM crashing.  My station is pretty compliant with K9YC's suggestions, but I still see occasional RFI symptoms - just nothing critical.

73, Pete N4ZR