Re: [RFI] New noise wiping out 160m

To: AA5CT <jwin95@yahoo.com>, Michael Martin <mike@rfiservices.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] New noise wiping out 160m
From: Thomas Hoyer via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 15:58:55 +0000 (UTC)
 I agree it would be best to search through the neighborhood but that assumes I
have portable equipment / antennas to do this. Right now all I have is the AM
radio in the truck and will do some driving around on my way home from work
later today.
I was thinking that I could use the 6 meter beam on the tower to maybe provide
some directivity clues.
I thought the cycle time would be a clue (as was pointed out possibly a heater).
There are many noise sources around me with power lines surrounding the
property, Industrial buildings across the street with a shopping center beyond
them.
I agree, time to start digging.........
TomW3TA

    On Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at 08:37:30 AM EST, Michael Martin