[RFI] EU improving solar RFI standards

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] EU improving solar RFI standards
From: Gary Johnson via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 16:31:43 -0800
I joined RSGB mainly because I think RadCom is generally superior to QST. One
of their monthly columns is devoted to EMC. In the December edition, they
reported on progress in EU standards that apply to photovoltaic systems.
Specifically, standard EN 55011:2016/A11:2020, which is the latest revision,
now addresses emissions from the *DC* power ports of inverters that are
connected to the grid. This is a major change, and was in response to work by
IARU. Good to see some progress in this area, and hopefully something along
these lines spreads across the Atlantic. By the way, I didn’t know it but there
is a European Commission for EMC market surveillance. They actively test
products on the market and work to have non-compliant ones banished.

Gary NA6O