Re: [RFI] HI CUR warning on K3

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>, Elecraft List <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>, RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] HI CUR warning on K3
From: Michael Carter via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 16:14:59 +0000
Hi Pete,

I had a similar set of symptoms with my K3
several years back.  Turns out it was not the
K3 at all, but a failing filter capacitor in
my linear regulated power supply.  I
had sporadic audio dropouts after transmitting
in much the same way as you described,
always at QRP TX levels.

Try a different power supply of newer vintage.
I tested the ESR of the filter capacitors in
my supply and found it to be much too high.

73,
Mike, K8CN