Re: [RFI] [RSGBTechnical] SolarEdge optimiser RFI

To: RSGBTechnical@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RFI] [RSGBTechnical] SolarEdge optimiser RFI
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 20:48:33 +0000
QUOTE (from Chris):  But the fact that SE (ED:  Solar Edge) have engaged in
some sort of active solution and appear to be somewhat responsive is indeed
a good sign that finally they are taking this issue more seriously.

This is ONLY due to the fact that here in the USofA, the FCC knows there is
a problem and is hard put to address the problem (due to the magnitude of
the problem and the way this is addressed in CFR-47).  Nor do they, these
days with lawyer-hungry federal agencies, have the resources to genuinely
address the problem.  Therefore, in the USofA, FCC and ARRL have formed an
unofficial "bond" or unofficial cooperative relationship on this issue.
ARRL and the FCC are working hand-in-hand on the problem.  Both have
focused on SE due to their larger installed base wrt to competitors and
they seem to be the best generators of RF energy and clearly have learned
how to radiate that energy in a most efficient manner.  This, of course,
applies to the vast majority of their "standard" installation.

Dave WØLEV

--

*Dave - WØLEV*