Re: [RFI] LED Street lights

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED Street lights
From: Facility 406 <facility_406@bruteforcedevelopment.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 22:15:21 -0700
I have no faith in FCC any longer, so without their help, I am planning
for the expense to make those changes.  The hostile pool pump neighbor
is just starting to build an ADU/office, so I can expect the same
resistance from him.  I can't help but think FCC has failed me completely.

Remember when things used to matter, and work?

The FCC appears to have been smoking stupid pills for a few decades now, and despite some not betraying the brand in public, others can't fool those that have been paying attention to their public "actions", or lack thereof, since the beginning. Results are needed in weeks at most, not somewhere between decades and never.

Might I suggest a more proactive aspect of the "radio hobby", electronic countermeasures, and directed energy. Solve many issues as soon as they become apparent, without interacting with belligerent imbeciles on one side, and autistic meth addicts on the other, a win-win. Actually, that might be more of a career path, than a hobby, same end result, either way.

At the very least, one could be involved in something equally respectable as those that use blatantly offensive, and mostly non-compliant consumer products, and this being an RFI mitigation forum, the knowledge for self-preservation is already out there. "None of your stuff works? Odd, all of mine does, it must be a 'you' thing... Huh."

Amateur Radio is an interesting, albeit rapidly dying, severely limited, hobby at best, and is a mere drip of gnat piss in an ocean of other far less restricted services, and spectrum. Upon critical analysis and almost daily observation of the past 2 decades of the service itself, the direction it has been heading, and the overflowing RF septic tank its sinking in, with no community-serving caste to ladle it out each night while we sleep, relative to most anything else, one must wonder why we ever bother at this point. Just, "Because"?

On the other hand, we can keep playing the game at own expense, while others demand bowing and scraping, various flourishes, and kowtowing to the self-serving, self-imposed, self-important (impotent?) radio deities of mediocre inaction, and the agency they "work with", even if we don't follow that faith, while we get almost nothing at all (and like it, we're told), no matter how bad it is.

On the plus side, living one day at a time, today is the best it will ever be, for the rest of our lives.

Kurt

P.S. I saw laura smith mentioned in the midst of all this. At one time I had a collection of blatantly forged "Laura Smith" signatures on various notices to Hams over the years, and I'm wondering if anyone else has been collecting them. They range from rubber stamps of varying quality, various unmatched hand-written, to the really peculiar ones that look like they were made by tracing over her name through an old typewriter ribbon, you can actually see the ribbon texture.