Re: [RFI] Stoddart equipment available

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Stoddart equipment available
From: Chuck Gooden <Chuck.Gooden@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 12:32:41 -0500
Is there a list of part numbers or model numbers for the equipment and a suggested price?

Chuck K9LC

On 7/24/2023 5:18 PM, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:
Gents:

I have a large collection of older Stoddart Aircraft Radio Co., Radio
Interference/Freqnency
Intensity measurement equipment which has been in dry storage for several
years. I got it
from a previous employer. This equipment is actually  very highly engineered
radio receivers
with added accessories to enable accurate measurement of signal strength,
direction to, and
frequency of an interfereing station. The frequency range covered by the series
of equipment
covers a low of 30 Hz, to above 10,000 MHz.

This stuff is the most beautifully built equipment I have seen in a long time.
It is simply
georgeous.

I have some complete sets of various "Noise Meters" such as AN/URM-6 series (14
to 250
kHz), NM-20 (some "high" VLF through 25 MHz) receivers, NM-50, NM-30, TS-587/U,
very
heavy duty tripods, stainless steel loops, both 6" diameter and 3 foot diameter
loops, power
supplies, cables, etc.

I have built bias-battery sets for one, for an NM-20 and have used it very
successfully to track
RFI. The NM-20 has a BFO and variable selectivity so it can be used as a normal
receiver.

With the help of two of our sons, I have recently completed an inventory of the
equipment,
with photos.

I would like to sell as much of this gear as possible. The main trouble is that
very few people
recognize the equipment, for what it is, nor its purpose. Those who have tried
to sell this type
of gear on eBay seldom find buyers who are familiar with it.

I am thinking that there must be some sort of forum dedicated to such gear. but
have so far
found none.

Any help out there?

Ken W7EKB