[RFI] Keyboard RFI

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Keyboard RFI
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 23:09:29 -0500
I recently rebuilt my whole station. Among other things, I neatened up all the wires and cables. Naturally, this resulted in a bunch of new RFI problems. The latest is a malfunctioning usb keyboard. Wrapping the cable around the usual ferrite core seems to have fixed it. Here's the strange thing: The keyboard would sometimes malfunction not only when I was transmitting, but for some time after transmission had stopped, perhaps 10-15 seconds. It was as if the RF caused the keyboard to lock up, and it took some time to recover. Has anyone else seen such behavior?

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA