[RFI] AFCIs - follow-up

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] AFCIs - follow-up
From: Gene Smar via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:39:10 +0000 (UTC)
Gents:
     Based on your feedback, I suggested to my contractor that he look into
using Eaton AFCIs when he installs a replacement service panel in my home.  The
contractor's electrical sub actually contacted Eaton's service department
(bless his heart), and Eaton told him that their "HAM" model AFCIs didn't solve
the RFI problem that caused false tripping.  They recommended that he select
their CHFN120AF and CHFN115AF AFCIs for my project.

     Anyone have experience with these?  Thanks.
     I've also been informed that my new proposed Bryant heat pump will include
an EMC which I have learned is a no-no for Ham installs.  I'm meeting with the
HVAC guy this week and will discuss alternatives with him.

73 deGene Smar  AD3FRockville, MD