[RFI] RFI on 15 meters at W9RE tracked down to home 0.37 miles away.

To: RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI on 15 meters at W9RE tracked down to home 0.37 miles away.
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 19:56:26 -0400
Mike (W9RE) has been experiencing RFI on 15 meters when beaming North but
not during hours of darkness.  By just driving around he located what he
thought was the property generating the RFI using a K3 in his car with a 15
meter mobile whip antenna.  Mike asked for my help to confirm his findings
using my portable direction finding gear which we did yesterday, and I just
uploaded a video documenting this case.

I try to avoid guessing what the source of the RFI is, but at the moment we
are very suspicious that a small grid tied solar system is the source of
the RFI.  Mike will now follow up with the homeowner to identify the true
source of the RFI, and then what can be done to mitigate the RFI.

For those interested here is a link to the youtube video:
https://youtu.be/yD7U-nH-AAg

73,
Don (wd8dsb)