Re: [RFI] Wireless power transfer devices in the MHz range

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Wireless power transfer devices in the MHz range
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 01:39:20 -0800
"should make the tinfoil hat society go stark-raving nuts."

That could be a better weapon against RFI than enforceable regulations, and the fcc!!!

Speaking of whack-jobs, RFI, energy, et cetera...

About 15 years ago I was talking with a gal that was extremely concerned about EMI, and the like. She went on, and on about protecting herself from stray fields, power lines, phones, et cetera.

I noticed the "glass cockpit" in her vehicle, didn't say anything, but grabbed some detectors from ~100kHz - ~1 GHz, and started running them by the dashboard. She was curious of all the horrific noises they produced.

I explained to her that it was all the electro-magnetic radiation coming from the equipment in her vehicle, and demonstrated that most of it came from the displays behind the steering wheel, right in front of where she sits. She expressed concern, but I suggested it was safe- for everyone outside the metal can that made up the vehicle, but couldn't offer any suggestions for those secured inside, with the sources, like in a microwave oven, beyond that she probably added a layer of protection by blocking and absorbing a lot of the radiation herself when inside. The look on her face was classic. "Yeah, you didn't think to step-two, did you...?"

Kurt