Re: [RFI] DEFINITION OF "HARMFUL INTERFERENCE"

To: "Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [RFI] DEFINITION OF "HARMFUL INTERFERENCE"
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:23:01 +0000
Thanks, Ed.  I realize FCC keeps most of the airwaves civil as opposed to
11-Meters.  But I do feel they could be doing considerably more in
enforcing Part 15.  This, especially due to the digital revolution and
SMPSs from China which sail through Customs as a component with no
attention paid to RFI.  True, these are only the tip of the RFI iceberg.

Previous to all of this, I had no inkling that you, ARRL, were so involved
in RFI remediation when it comes to amateur radio.  I had always believed
that was the duty of the FCC and us EMC/RFI engineers.  I don't believe
most of the readers of QST and the other periodic publications by ARRL are
aware of your efforts.  Would it be possible to author an article for QST
on your efforts, methods, and connections with the FCC?  A few pictures in
the article of the ARRL lab might also "impress" the readers and other
licensed hams.

Yea, I know you're busy enough, but I truly believe most hams are ignorant
of your RFI efforts and the capability at ARRL.

Dave - WØLEV

--
*Dave - WØLEV*