[RFI] Solar Edge RFI Filter Installation Report

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Solar Edge RFI Filter Installation Report
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 00:43:20 -0500
All:

My neighbor informed me that Solar Edge installed a newly designed RFI filter on his solar panel installation this week. We were hoping for the best, but the filter had no noticeable effect on the noise at my station which is still S-9 plus.

My neighbor gave me permission to sweep the solar panel cabling as well as the exposed A/C lines in his home and I found that the noise is essentially the same as it was prior to the filter installation.

I also probed the power line attached to his home and found that the RFI is making it's way onto the line out to the pole. This seems logical since the RFI is being conducted onto the A/C lines in the home whenever the system is active.

It's frustrating to think that this issue could have been resolved years ago if Solar Edge would have sent one of their systems to the ARRL lab for testing. I've asked many time over the years, but that never happened.

I'm glad to see Ed Hare mention that Solar Edge is about to test a new prototype system so their maybe light at the end of the tunnel.

Wish I had better news.

Tony -K2MO