Re: [RFI] RFI into OTA TV antenna with amp

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI into OTA TV antenna with amp
From: Michael Aust via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 16:34:54 +0000 (UTC)
Check this Fix with these OTA TV Filters from AmazonMikeWB6DJI
OTA TV Antenna Overload by Ham Radio

|   |    |

|    |
OTA TV Antenna Overload by Ham Radio

By mikeatthebeach

  |   |

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Monday, January 31, 2022, 3:39 PM, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
wrote:

On 1/31/2022 3:01 PM, Mike NA6MB wrote:
> Pretty sure the ham RF is overloading the antenna amp.
> Would toroids on the TV feed-line help, work on the amp or just live
> with it?

If it's HF RF, you'll need something like the choke(s) in my HF
Transmitting Choke Cookbook. Just clamping cores on the cables is
unlikely to do much. k9yc.com/publish.htm  You don't need to use the
same cable, but the turns should go through the cores in order, not
scrambled, and with the smallest practical turn diameter.