Re: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 12:11:45 -0700
On 10/27/2021 6:29 AM, Gary Peterson wrote:
Every AM broadcast station is required to perform annual measurements, searching for
these types of problems.  I contract to perform spectral measurements for most of the
AM stations within a 100 mile radius of my home.  I have the necessary equipment and
travel to within approximately 1 kilometer of each transmitter site.  I measure each
station’s occupied bandwidth, measure harmonics, up through and including the
6th and search for spurious signals, below, in and above the broadcast band.

Yes. But do those spectral measurements also include intermod products? I started out in ham radio in jr high school with two 5kW non-DAs within a mile of each other and about 1.5 miles from me, on 930 and 1470 kHz producing a strong product at 3870 kHz. There may have been others products, but that one gave me a lot of grief.