Re: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis and Resolutio

To: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis and Resolution
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 19:46:49 +0000
Long ago (in the early 1970's) and far away in Corona, California, I had a
similar problem with a local rather low-budget station.  The splatter was
evident as high as 40-meters and "rather" nasty on 160.  This was well
before the days of PWM AM modulation systems.  The problem turned out to be
a number of loose and rusty (and neglected) guy wires, most touching
something or "everything" else in the vicinity of the tower and only
loosely connected to the metallic tower.  DDdaaaaahhhhhhhhh................

Dave - WØLEV

--
*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*