Re: [RFI] 7.2kv Single Phase

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 7.2kv Single Phase
From: Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 16:11:02 -0500
Since I made the goof sending the other email, will update the list.

The power co visited last Thursday. They replaced a fused/disconnect on the pole. They showed me the hairline crack it had in the porcelain. This would explain why back in the spring the mounting bolt for that device was arcing to the nearby stapled ground (which they moved for me since I saw the arc with binoculars, heard with ultrasonic, and it fixed that for months) and why this fall I tracked to another area of the stapled ground/same pole. I am encouraged but dry weather below 60% humidity will tell more for certain and when the more potent source is fixed which I am currently finished hunting and waiting for repairs.

Now for it (different pole), which is what I sent the email to the list meaning to be sent to the power co engineer. Waiting for them to fix that one but triangulating it with 450mhz was even more enlightening as to this pole is almost certain the issue.

As I get time, will update my web pages to hopefully explain better. I have made 3 separate webpages for these 3 issues, 2 of which I now know may have had one ultimate cause (the cracked fused/disconnect).

73

Chuck
W4NBO