Re: [RFI] YET ANOTHER "WITH LOVE, FROM CHINA"

To: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] YET ANOTHER "WITH LOVE, FROM CHINA"
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 10:25:45 -0700
But nowhere on the product does it admit where it is made.  Have a read of
a "garage screw-in light" (LED).   All the proper markings are present, but
certainly are bogus.  Have a read of the attachment documenting the latest
offering to the RF fog.

No attachment came through. Back when I was in the industry, items couldn't be sold in the US without the proper labeling, or stickers. No problem. Stickers could be bought on spools by the tens of thousands of miles online, and you want a UL, CE, FCC labeling on the product, "permanently affixed", if I recall correctly from the regulations, well that was an extra tooling fee of a few bucks, and everything off the line will have whatever you want molded into it, not because it meant anything, but because it was a step in the requirements to sell in the US. We had the option of sending our own text, or could choose from pre-made examples, some with spelling, and grammatical errors. I think the difference between "certified", "legal", "safe", "compliant", et cetera, came out to about $3 per run in the end. This was in the 20-30 years ago range.

Kurt