Re: [RFI] A quick Question about CMC placement

To: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] A quick Question about CMC placement
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:40:20 -0600
Best is to insert two CMCs.  One at the feedpoint of the dipole or beam
feedpoint and the second at the shack end of the coaxial transmission line.

They are also good for keeping local RFI from the receiver.  I recently ran
another test without / with the CMC only in the shack at the end of the
feedline.  This time I chose 20-meters as my 450-foot long doublet just
happenes to show less than 2:1 SWR on that band so I don't have to invoke
the L-Network for a match.  I measured 9.6 dB less white noise (no
suggestion of 60 Hz or harmonics) with far more signals on the waterfall
with the CMC than without on the Icom 7300.

Dave - WØLEV

--
*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*