Re: [RFI] Shielded CAT6 Ethernet cable

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Shielded CAT6 Ethernet cable
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 16:57:09 -0700
On 6/10/2021 4:15 PM, weaverwf@usermail.com wrote:
Does anyone have a recommendation for a high quality CAT6 shielded Ethernet
cable (bulk)?

I’d appreciate any input. Comments on connectors would be welcome also. I’m new
to making up my own cables and looking for a more reliable source of cables for around the
shack.

Building your own Ethernet cable is not a simple matter, and requires a special crimper. Ethernet cable is four twisted pairs, each twisted at a different rate to minimize crosstalk. The pairs must be maintained end-to-end at specific pins, so that each of the four circuits is a twisted pair.

If I decided I needed shielded CAT cables, I'd buy them from a vendor I trusted. I'm using only one Ethernet cable, between cable modem and WiFi router. WiFi does everything else. It's a great solution to eliminate another source of RFI.