Re: [RFI] Noise to identify

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise to identify
From: Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 17:17:22 -0500
Agreed Jim, thanks. I just have been fortunate to not need that horsepower (so far). With the 120hz gone, I am hearing some stuff occasionally that is likely from other homes nearby but its very intermittent and weak enough that a NB on low setting or ANC-4 handles it nicely. I cannot see myself bugging the neighbors unless it was much stronger.

Sitting here now without NB or ANC-4 listening to 30 meters at S1-S2 with either doublet or vertical (makes no difference in background noise) with only distant T-Storm crashes :-). Been listening to some AM broadcast too!

Biggest thing I am considering now is going all high security wifi to get rid of the CAT cables which have birdies no matter what I do it seems. I have reduced it quite a bit but not all together. But it hardly seems worth the effort because mine now are not much higher in strength now than neighbors.

I will digest as much of your writings as I can. Thanks for sharing.

73

Chuck
W4NBO