[RFI] Variable Speed motors not all noisy

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Variable Speed motors not all noisy
From: Jim Miller <jim@jtmiller.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 15:02:24 -0400
I have a WaterFurnace brand geothermal system which has a variable speed
motors. I operate 160-6m including 6m EME and have never noticed my noise
floor affected by the unit as it ran steady or moved between speeds.

My antennas are a Steppir DB-18e about 150ft from the house up 50ft with a
7LFA for 6m about 2 ft above it. My RX antennas for low bands are HiZ
verticals about 100ft from the house end nearest the unit.

Two geothermal wells about 450ft deep have closed loops in them to the
basement unit and provide sink and source for energy. Otherwise the heat
pump compressor, air circulation fans and water circulation pumps draw a
modest amount of electricity.

Very happy owner.

Stay safe!

jim ab3cv