Re: [RFI] SOLAR INSTALLATION PROS/CONS

To: 'Rob Atkinson' <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, rfi <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] SOLAR INSTALLATION PROS/CONS
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J via RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 14:29:36 +0000
Rob,

What if the businesses were told what their possible risk is when they install
products known to cause RFI to licensed radio services such as Fire, Rescue,
Police and others?

Most folks knowledgeable about the frequencies used might realize the actual
level of risk a dismiss the risk factor, but those not familiar with RF issues
could be persuaded if told the possible risk.  If RFI interferes with public
safety radio users in conducting their life saving response and action and this
RFI results in injury or death to the public, any vendor or installer aware of
this risk could be held liable for selling and installing products that cause
the interference.  Amateur Radio could possibly be just the canary in the RFI
mine raising the issue before something terrible happens.

Maybe a well written letter from a representative national organization
explaining in general terms what risks are involved when products cause RFI to
public safety radios could persuade an installer to work with their vendor to
clean up their product to reduce their liability risk.

Just a thought.

73,
 de ed -K0iL