Re: [RFI] Unplugging TV and plugging it back in stops RFI problem (tempo

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Unplugging TV and plugging it back in stops RFI problem (temporarily)
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 18:48:20 -0700
Hi Mike,

Several thoughts. Every wire connected to the TV and that home entertainment system is an antenna. I suggest that you start by adding wound ##1 chokes to the biggest/longest antennas, and work your way down to the shorter ones. The longest ones are usually power, and coax from antenna, CATV, or whatever is the source of your TV programming.

Also, consider your 80M antenna. Is it a resonant dipole fed with coax? Is there a serious choke at the feedpoint? If it's a vertical or other end-fed wire, does it have a good radial system or other counterpoise? And it should have a choke at the feedpoint, so that it's not using your house wiring as a counterpoise.

A cable box or internet modem feeding that system is also a possible victim.

73, Jim K9YC