[RFI] Generac Solar Panel RFI In N.C.

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Generac Solar Panel RFI In N.C.
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 16:39:37 -0400
All:

I received a call from N1UK regarding solar panel RFI caused by a neighbors newly installed system. He saw one of the videos I posted on this subject while searching Youtube and I advised him to find out as much information as possible about the system manufacturer and installer.

He determined that the system uses Generac optimizers with  the model number APKE0010. The inverter is also Generac. The 36 panels are made by Hanwha.

He was able to demonstrate the noise to a representative from Home Solar which is the company who installed the system. The panels are ground mounted and located 300 feet away from N1UK's antennas which made them easy to probe for RFI.

I've received calls from all over the country regarding solar panel RFI being caused by other manufactures but this is the first time I've heard about Generac systems.

Just and FYI.

Tony -K2MO