Re: [RFI] tracking RFI with a marine direction finder

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] tracking RFI with a marine direction finder
From: Lee STRAHAN <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 05:51:49 +0000
  Hi Guys,
     The Ray Jefferson I have has both the sense antenna and amplitude control.
The sense antenna simply gives it a quite deep null in a single direction of
the rod antenna. I Can't recall the model number at the moment. But the ferrite
rod antenna itself is motor driven or manual and it finds the null direction
automatically at least on a Broadcast carrier.  It is totally fascinating to
watch it work. It will null the power line noise source as well but has a hard
time zeroing direction automatically. It also has the Low Beacon Band and 88 to
108 FM Band. No DF capability on the FM band.
Lee  K7TJR  OR