[RFI] Motor starting and UPS

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Motor starting and UPS
From: Ron Hunsicker via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 12:32:28 -0500
Hello,

The power to my computer is via a UPS.  My SDR is powered from the computer.

When one of the water circulation pumps for my heating systems starts (an old B&G), the voltage dips so much that it is apparent in the waterfall and a drop/loss of audio.

I've tried switching legs (red v black) but that didn't help. Let's ignore the idea that the service is too small.

I thought that UPS might "protect" against such dips in the voltage and am (obviously) surprised that it does not.

Whadaya think?

Ron

--
Ron Hunsicker