[RFI] Off Topic Request for help Balun

To: "'Rfi List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Off Topic Request for help Balun
From: "Karin Johnson" <karinann@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 11:07:49 -0500
Hello Group:
I know this is off topic. This list is the only list I subscribe to, because
I've had issues with "phishing emails" when subscribing to the Tower Talk
list.
So My Request for help.  I have a DX Engineering 50 ohm to 100 ohm MaxiCore
balun.  The older type that uses a diecast housing. The model number is
DXE-BAL100-H11-C.
It had been up in a tree for close to 15 years and the case was badly
corroded.  An ant nest had been inside the case.  When I had the tree cut
down and removed, the balun came down, obviously.  When trying to resurrect
the balun the internal connections were not documented by me, my mistake.
The corrosion was so bad and the ant nest freaked me out.

My request is for anyone that has one of these baluns, could you take a
picture of the inside of the connections of the unit and email to me.
I know this is quite unusual for this list but you guys have been helpful in
the past.  I have sent an email to DX Engineering requesting at least a
connection diagram.  I know they are quite reluctant to expose the designs
of these baluns.  Thus this request here.
I think I have figured out where the connections go but would like some
confirmation.

Regards,
Karin Anne Johnson P.E.  K3UU
Palm Harbor, FL