Re: [RFI] Speaking of audio amplifiers... an interesting case

To: Bert <balmemo@sympatico.ca>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Speaking of audio amplifiers... an interesting case
From: "Cianciolo, Paul, W1VLF" <pcianciolo@arrl.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 14:07:53 +0000
Bert,

Not really even 3 feet of wire failed muster.
With a resistor as a load it did fine.
Which was how I originally tested it.

Another interesting fact was you could "tune" where you wanted the harmonics to
be the strongest by varying the length of the speaker/power supply leads.

73,

Paul Cianciolo, W1VLF
ARRL EMC Engineer

ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio™
225 Main Street, Newington, CT 06111-1400 USA
Telephone: (860) 594-0392
FAX: (860) 594-0259
Email: w1vlf@arrl.org
World Wide Web: www.arrl.org