Re: [RFI] NEW REFRIGERATOR/FREEZER from KITCHENAID

To: D C _Mac_ Macdonald <k2gkk@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] NEW REFRIGERATOR/FREEZER from KITCHENAID
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 22:04:19 +0000
Mac, I'd be a little embarrassed to write an article on something so
simple, but that's QST and ARRL these days.

However, I certainly will take your suggestion under consideration.  I've
been licensed for 60+ years and have a hard time with the lack of technical
knowledge of the average newbie.  Degree is in physics (from the Ordivician
times from Michigan State.....) and always worked in high tech, mostly as
an EMC/RFI engineer with some RF design thrown in for good measure.  But,
it's up to us old fossils who cut our teeth with vacuum tubes like 813's
and 6146's to pass along some of the knowledge.  I was reading QST when
Eimac came out with the 3-500 bottle of which I have two in my AL-82 amp.
I loved the 3CX1200A amp from Ameritron, but that amp is gone in a major
forest fire here in N. Colorado in 2012.  Again, I will seriously consider
your suggestion.

*Ed Hare:*  Having written that, do you believe an over designed AC power
application of a CM choke might be good for QST?  Of course, it would also
cover the operation of the CM choke and applications even at RF to reject
CM noise on feedlines (I use open wire on my HF wires).

Dave - WØLEV

--
*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*