Re: [RFI] An entire village lost its broadband at the same time every da

To: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>, "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] An entire village lost its broadband at the same time every day for 18 months
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 20:52:32 +0000
What may help this in the relatively short run is that the IEEE EMC Society is
developing an IEEE Recommended Practice that describes the steps that a power
utility should take in response to complaints about radio or television
interference from its lines and equipment.  This is expected to be in IEEE
ballot by mid year of 2021 and probably published around the end of the year.
The IEEE Working Group developing it has 90% of its membership from the
utility, many with amateur licenses, and is looking to achieve 100% agreement
on process and language as the standard is developed.  Among the things
discussed is setting up information for the utility Call Centers to use to
properly dispatch complaints.

Ed, W1RFI