Re: [RFI] looking for larger size ferrites

To: "Cianciolo, Paul, W1VLF" <pcianciolo@arrl.org>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] looking for larger size ferrites
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 08:51:52 -0700
My CNC work has led me to RFI suppression ferrites for high power VFDs. The TDK PC40 material is recommended and the data sheet shows higher permeability and loss than #31. The available cores range from 51 to 104 mm OD. Some cores are available on Amazon and ebay at what seem to be high prices.

Has anybody characterized these as alternatives to Fair-Rite #31? Better or worse? I bought one to try but don't have the time right now to test it.

https://product.tdk.com/info/en/catalog/datasheets/ferrite_mz_large_t_en.pdf

https://www.theferritegateway.com/uploads/datasheets/TDK/PC40.pdf

Grant KZ1W