Re: [RFI] 48v DC Clean Power Supply

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 48v DC Clean Power Supply
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 10:39:10 -0700
I suggest that you study the techniques in this app note that I produced for National Contest Journal. Chokes on cables connected to the switch may be able to knock the noise down enough that it isn't a problem.

http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf

You also might want to pick your battles -- 10, 12, and 15 are pretty dead except for occasional E-skip on 10, and are likely to remain so for several years. By then, maybe a new switch (or even a new neighbor). :)

If the problem is the PSU (usually most prominent on the lower HF bands and 160), linear PSUs can be found at the major industrial electronics vendors.

73, Jim K9YC