Re: [RFI] Need high wattage inverter without RFI issues. - Suggestions?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Need high wattage inverter without RFI issues. - Suggestions?
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 18:04:18 -0400
GoWISE Power-On PS1003 Pure SINE Wave Inverter
2000w Cont/4000w Peak seems OK.

I've only done casual testing with it in a Prius and an
extension cord into the house - swapping appliances
from time to time.

The porch and house are all steel, including steel studs,
roof, and siding - so radiated RFI from any sort would
have a time trying to get inside.

Listened on 2m, AM-BC, FM-BC, and HF/SW with a portable
receiver. Also some HF SSB via an external 43' vertical that
was 100' from the Prius.

Others in a different environment may have differing results.

DavidC, KD4E

Folks,

I now have the next step to work out as
regards RFI. I will need two inverters,
one for the house and one for the RV. I'm
going to put up a small bank for home use
and the lower powered one for RV use I
asked about recently. For those cells, I'm
buying a pair of the  just released
SolarPower 110W flex cells. They'll be
ideal for camping & radio needs.

Looking at 12V inverters, I'll need a 2K -
3K watt version for the house that is RFI
free, one with lesser watts will be OK for
the camper though AC power for coffee in
the AM would be nice. I thought I'd find
reviews on eHam but only one inverter
showed up, & that for a 300W Samlex unit.

I found a review for the AIMS 3000 Watt
Pure Sine which showed it to be very
efficient and mostly ideal, but apparently
some reviewers stated RFI issues. That
makes it a non-starter...

While I'm on the slow burn looking, any
personal experiences with higher output
12V to 12oV inverters, with no RFI issues,
that you're happy with?

Thanks,

Gary
KA1J