[RFI] LED Grow Lights

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] LED Grow Lights
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 21:09:50 -0500
My Wife enjoys starting garden plants form seed indoors and, up until a few days ago, used a 175W metal halide lamp for the purpose. It used and electronic ballast that, sadly, has bitten the dust. A new ballast is a bit over half the cost of a much brighter and efficient LED grow light. But I'm concerned about RFI since it almost certainly uses a switching supply. Does anyone have any direct knowledge of quiet LED grow lights in the "1000W" category. (I don't know where that term comes from, but these tend to be rated at ~165 W power usage.)

Kim N5OP

--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." //??? Attributed to many people; it???s so true that it doesn???t matter who said it./