Re: [RFI] Fair-Rite Common Mode Chokes

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fair-Rite Common Mode Chokes
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:04:30 -0400 (EDT)
Joe,

We use a fifty foot length of RG-8X on each of the nine dipoles used at
the W3AO mega-Field Days. We then transition to hundreds of feet of
RG-213 to reach the centrally located tent on our 1000 foot x 200 foot
Field Day site. We use lightweight Budwig insulators and lightweight
dacron rope.

A choke is unnecessary on a monoband dipole, simply grounding the
coax shield approximately 1/4 or 3/4 wavelengths from the feedpoint
is completely adequate. Only a short ground is needed.

73
Frank
W3LPL