[RFI] RFI from variable speed swimming pool pumps

To: "jimk8mr@aol.com" <jimk8mr@aol.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI from variable speed swimming pool pumps
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 23:35:09 -0400
In all RFI cases that I have tracked down to VFDs (variable frequency /
variable speed drives), the input line filter recommended by the drive
manufacturer for EMC compliance had not been installed.  Installing the
recommended input line filter or a similar input line filter has always
made a huge difference if not total elimination of the problem.  On a tread
mill case I had to use both an input line filter as well as toroid core for
complete ellimanition of the RFI.

Just FYI,

Don (wd8dsb)