Re: [RFI] Noisy LED shop lights

To: charlie@thegallos.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noisy LED shop lights
From: Dennis Monticelli <dennis.monticelli@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 12:09:03 -0700
Charles,

I think I said that:  "along with a series resistor to set the current."
The more resistor drop the more current regulation.  The current does not
need to be perfectly constant.  Having said that an LM317HV with a heat
sink (probably need the HV version) is a better solution.

Probably moot anyway.  If direct radiation is the issue I think most hams
would just get rid of the lamp and buy a recommended quiet one.

Dennis AE6C