[RFI] 40M interference from DSL(?)

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] 40M interference from DSL(?)
From: W4IQ <W4IQ@vt.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 23:36:44 -0400
Hi all

I am getting a high level (S6 to S8) white noise like interference to the
40 meter band. The noise if featureless except that it rolls off somewhat
below and above 40 meters (something like 6 to 9 MHz).

I noticed this come up a couple of months ago after seeing a service truck
in the road. I should have stopped him and asked some questions! I also
noticed a new plastic junction box connected into the elevated phone line
on a pole down the road. The phone line goes by my house about 60 feet from
my dipole antenna.

What I don't know is what particular system this is or who is responsible
for it. I think it is one of the newer variants of DSL.

Any thoughts?

TNX de W4IQ