Re: [RFI] 60 KHz noise Redux

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 60 KHz noise Redux
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 09:25:12 -0700
On Wed,9/21/2016 5:40 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
Thanks for all the rep[lies, but I don't think we've got it yet.

Hi Pete,

Last spring, I wrote a long applications note about chasing RX noise that was published in two parts by NCJ. The second part is in the most recent issue. It's also on my website. There is a LOT of specific advice about chasing this sort of noise. The average home has dozens of noise sources like this, and most produce RF noise that radiates on wires connected to them. That noise is picked up by our antennas.