Re: [RFI] How far does RFI travel?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] How far does RFI travel?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 12:59:39 -0400
All good points: I'd add Computers and wired networks. Today's inexpensive computers with plastic cabinets, and "cheap", switching power supplies can be really nasty, when for a little more money they could be RF quiet. Wired networks can make great RFI antennas, yet the good ones can be silent.

Wired networks have been much faster than wireless, but wireless is catching up. Unfortunately the manufacturers tend to total the speeds of the carriers, rather than what you can do on a single transfer, making them sound a lot faster than reality. Still my CAT5 is about 5 times faster than my new wireless.

73

Roger (K8RI)