Re: [RFI] Topband: Tecsun 660

To: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Topband: Tecsun 660
From: "Frank N. Haas KB4T" <utility.rfi.pro@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 16:28:49 -0400
I made up a 6 foot piece of RG-58 with a 3.5 mm male on one end and BNC
male on the other. This cable allows me to use the National RF HFDF active
loop system with the 660.

The same cable allows connecting a variety of other small antennas to the
660. There is an external antenna jack on the top of the left side of the
radio (as you faced the front.)

The external antenna jack works for SW & FM reception. I've not tried
rigging anything for V/UHF as I have other, better tools for those bands.

I suppose with some work a connection for VHF DFing could be made up to
work well with the 660.

73,

Frank N Haas KB4T
Utility RFI Investigator