Re: [RFI] A request for RFI service.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] A request for RFI service.
From: Charles Plunk <af4o@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 21:03:23 -0600

I agree with David, before I would spend any money I would pursue FCC letter for them to fix. If you are lucky the thing may have a defect and die on its own. You could also talk with them and tell them with it doing this, it maybe a fire hazard which very well could be so. Also, a new sign is probably cheaper than a RFI co. Is this some little in the window sign or a big one outdoors?

I had a RFI source last summer that cut on at dusk every night. Looked for that thing everywhere. I have some home brew locating equipment which I have had good luck with in the past. Obviously I was looking for photocell devices. Never could find it. To busy to spend a lot of time with it. The thing kept getting weaker so I hoped it would die on its own and it eventually did over several months.

Chuck
AF4O