Re: [RFI] Subject: Re: Recommended Handheld VHF-UHF Yagi?

To: qrv@kd4e.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Subject: Re: Recommended Handheld VHF-UHF Yagi?
From: Kimo C Chun <kimo@lava.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 16:49:29 -1000
David,

My bad. Clearly a case of seeing what you want to see. Dual-band yagi,
maybe, but a log covering 2m to 70 cm with 5 elements, hardly.​ I wonder if
the math would work...there'd be pretty big holes in coverage even so, I'd
think. Years ago, I came in 2nd place in a DF Fox Hunt using the 2m
quarter-wave on the roof of my car and a home-made 4 in. diameter loop
antenna to null the signal direction (a little skill and luck, too.)  The
winners had a yagi and a step attenuator.

Hopefully it will still serve the purpose.

Kimo KH7U