Re: [RFI] clamp on ferrites at Mouser

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] clamp on ferrites at Mouser
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 10:50:56 -0500
On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

> Some good vendors of Fair-Rite parts are Lodestone Pacific and Dexter
> Magnetics. In general, the ham specialty vendors are ripoff artists, with
> very high markups. Industrial vendors, like these and Arrow, are far better.

I object.  Ripoff?  No.  High markup?  Oh, yes.  But those aren't the
same thing.  The Palomars of the world provide service that Mouser
never will (plus carry other items that Mouser never will).

If you don't need that level of service, the Mousers of the world are
a MUCH better deal.  But not everyone is that savvy.  I buy from
Mouser fairly often especially since I found that I was close enough
to their Ft Worth metroplex location that I got next-day delivery for
the price of ground shipping.  :-)

I did make them stop sending me 1970s-Manhattan-phonebook sized
catalogs (For you younger readers, the telephone companies used to
distribute a directory of subscribers ...)