Re: [RFI] Keurig coffee vs Astron Rs35M

To: "RFI Contesting" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Keurig coffee vs Astron Rs35M
From: Joe - W7RKN <w7rkn.7@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:15:27 -0700
WHOA!!  Who didn't have their $2.50 latte this morning!?  <<GRIN>>

Funny how people always read different things....Unfortunately, the printed word has no inflection, so things can very easily be misinterpreted.

I simply read that, not knowing the capabilities or knowledge level of the poster, some more detailed information was offered..no 'I have lots of knowledge' bravado was read, by this reader.

People need to think about what they read before they respond...a lot of ill-feelings could be avoided.

Joe - W7RKN

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hisashi T Fujinaka" <htodd@twofifty.com>

I'm not going to. I know the formula as well as you do and, like I said,
my only ferrite I have easy access to is from Radio Shack.

I know you think you have special knowledge, but it's still one turn
through ferrite of dubious origin which is NEXT to useless but not
useless.

I'm not sure what you're trying to determine here other than other ways
of trying to prove you know more than I do. All I was saying is that the
crowbar circuitry of Astrons is susceptible to RFI. I suppose I could
bypass it internally but the ferrites (oh, and some HV ceramic caps)
worked for me.